It is the mission of the Lee’s Summit R-7 School District to provide a safe, secure and healthy educational environment for students, staff and patrons utilizing District programs and facilities. We strive to meet this mission through:
- Proactive health, safety and environmental management
- Aggressive claims management and loss prevention
- Protection of District assets.
The main objective of the Safety & Environmental Services department is to meet these desired outcomes:
No job or course of academic study is so important and no request is so urgent that one cannot take time to perform that function safely and in compliance with regulatory standards.
- Throughout the District, the respective functions of Employee Injury Management, Environmental, Occupational Health & Safety, and Risk Management should be deployed in an effective manner to provide comprehensive technical and responsive service.
- Administrators, teachers and supervisors are responsible for demonstrating leadership in developing proper attitudes towards Environmental Health & Safety, and provide resources necessary to conduct activities safely and ensure environmental compliance.
- Students and staff are responsible for the continuous practice of safety while performing their duties. This requires cooperation with all aspects of the District Safety & Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
Ryan Hall, CSP, CSRM, CPSI
Safety & Environmental Services Supervisor
505 SE Transport Dr, Lees Summit MO 64081
Rebecca Russ, (Becca) Administrative Assistant